Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Lemon cookies and fresh salsa

Sunday was Minnesota's first 60 degree day in over 5 months!  We celebrated!  I made lemon cookies and fresh salsa.  The boys rode bike though mud puddles with mounds of snow next to them.  The snow was great as Landon felt uncomfortable with out his training wheels, I told him to crash into the snow bank, he went on to give it his all and did great!  Then the boys golfed in the driveway, hmmm wonder what's gonna happen to all them white golf balls….in the snow!?  They were upset they lost them all! 
                                           Here is the delicious recipe for the lemon cookies!  
You will need:
1 1/2 sticks butter softened
1 egg
1 cup almond flour
2 1/4 cups flour
2/3 cups sugar
1 tbls fresh lemon juice
4 small lemons

(combine all ingredients)
mix well, ball up 1 inch cookies and use a cup or jar to pouch them semi flat, 
baste with a heated egg, add super thin lemon slice, sprinkle sugar on top.  Bake at 350 for 6 minutes, then broil for 2-4 min, until golden brown.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These were so delicious, just make sure the cut the lemons thin so the rhine softens!
The fresh salsa was delicious and even prettier to look at!
I can not wait to say all of this goodness came from my garden, for now the city center market will do.  I also planted over 100 seeds in starter biodegradable planters.  Last year I spent $75+ at the Green Barn garden center on something I could've started on my own.  It feels great to do it your self.  Hoping warm weather comes to all, as I just love the spirit of people when we have our first spring days!  Everyone is joyful and waiving, there is no road rage, we are all just feelin' good!  Bring it on.



1 comment:

  1. Those lemon cookies looked amazing! I need to make those! And that salsa looks beautiful, almost too beautiful to eat ;) Come on Spring!!

    ReplyDelete