Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Guest room makeover

Since winter is hanging around longer than normal, I have been super motivated to update parts of our home that severely need it!  We bought our dream home a year ago, and love so much about it, like my studio space, a huge entry way, and fireplace.  Unfortunately there was lots of wall paper, as well as blue and mauve bathrooms and bedrooms!  I will post photos of our master bedroom someday, as I worked on that in December, but today I'll show the progress our guest bedroom has made.  
                                               Before:
I wasn't lying about the blue!  The after picture still has the blue ceiling fan, we are going to take it down and paint it white, as I wanted this project to stay affordable, there is also blue carpet, but my hubby didn't want to put money into new flooring right now.  The only cost of this project was $30 for the white paint and supplies, and the cost of the new quilt from Urban Outfitters.
After:


I love that the quilt is reversible so I can change the look for the room by flipping it!  The chalkboard piece hanging above the bed was brass and outdated, it said live, laugh, love in maroon… errr, not my thing, but I knew it didn't need to be tossed, so I painted it, and am hoping to improve my chalkboard writing skills, and put some adorable quote or verse on it.  
I spend a lot of time in this room, folding laundry, and it is connected to our main bathroom, so redoing it has made me feel happy to walk through it instead of "blue".  If I want something done, I just DO IT!  I am thankful for that ambition in me.  {I'll thank my parents for that trait}.  Now all I have left to makeover, is the kitchen, laundry room, big living room, dining room and Logan's room! Ha, it's fun making things how you want, I just wish we didn't have such a big amount of square footage that needs new updated carpet, tile and wood!  Go give a room a makeover, you will LOVE it!
Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment