Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

double delicious chocolate cake

If you are anything like me, you will drool just by looking at this chocolatey goodness!  Apparently when I was a baby, I refused my baby food, so my mom gave in and fed me pudding.  Thanks mom, I will forever be grateful!  Sometimes on cold days, I walk into the kitchen and throw a cake together.  You almost always have the ingredients, sugar + cocoa = chocolate incase you are ever in a pinch, and a few other ingredients of course!  Here is a recipe I have had trials and errors with, and now it is perfection.  Enjoy

cake: 1 3/4 cups flour
          2 cups sugar
          3/4 cup cocoa powder
          2 tsp baking soda
          1 tsp baking powder
          1 tsp salt
          1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt 
          1/2 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
          2 large eggs
          1 tsp vanilla extract
          1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
preheat oven to 350, line two 8 inch round cake pans with parchment paper, and butter them, also dust with flour.  Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl, and wet in the other, mix both well, then mix together.  Add hot fresh brewed coffee, mix until fully incorporated.  Split batter into pans, and bake for 35 minutes. Let cakes cool for 30 minutes in the pan.  
frosting:  2 blocks of cream cheese (softened)
                1 stick of butter (softened, not melted)
                1/4 cup cocoa powder 
                1/2 cup melted semi sweet chocolate chips
                2 cups powder sugar
                1 tsp vanilla extract
Whip these ingredients together with a mixer, and set aside.
When the cake is fully cooled, tip out of pan, peel of parchment paper, and frost, add 2nd layer, frost full cake, sprinkle and enjoy!
Food photo tip- stick your lens in manual focus, and have fun.  I love the bokeh that the sprinkles created in these images!  



No comments:

Post a Comment