Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

keewaydin island {a hidden paradise in america}

Last weekend we returned home from a family vacation.  We rented a home through vrbo.com from a private owner.  It is on Keewaydin Island out of Naples and only accessed by boat.  What an adventure it was pulling up to a dock in the middle of no where, walking through a bog walk an into a majestic home directly on the gulf of mexico!  It was a much needed break for my husband,  I took the kids on lots of swims and walks, when they got bored, we became explorers and wandered the island looking for treasure.  We only found coconuts, and wild pigs, but that was pretty exciting.  My husband chopped the coconuts open for us and we ate them raw, and filled our lemonades with the milk.
 One day at the beach dolphins came and played for an hour, attacking the water and fish around us, they even let us touch them.  It was an incredible experience that we will never forget.





 I felt such peace here, and I miss it, I had Lucas take a photo of me at our 7am walk so I remember how I felt.  I wanted to remember the peace I felt.
 When Landon found this star fish, he yelled, I FOUND PATRICK!  It was so cute, I guess Patrick is on Sponge bob?!




 The boys and Jeff caught shark and catfish!







 I could dance on the beach forever with these people!  I love them so much, and even though none of them wanted pictures, I am so glad they partially cooperated for me, because these pictures mean the world to me!
Awesome fact:  Joe Biden's brother bought a home on Keewaydin Island, and Joe visited there the month before us!  There is only about 10 - 20 homes on the Island.  And it is 7 miles long.

No comments:

Post a Comment