Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Making something out of nothing

I woke up and felt like sewing, I am sure glad I did, because I love the few things I made all before noon.  The first thing I made was a library bag for Landon.  We started going once a week now, and he really loves it, this week was fun, because they had a preschool playtime, with story time, and a movie. For this project I used a cute dinosaur pillowcase that I recently found a thrift store.  It's great quality cotton because it was probably a $15 pillowcase at one time!  I cut it apart, and added handles, here it is;
isn't that adorable?!  He loved it.
My next project was a bag for me, I used a thrift store ankle length suede leather skirt, and a belt.  This project took 5 minutes!?  super cute for 5 minutes and about $4.  I'll use it for misc stuff I always have to haul around to sports!
It's hard for me to leave ugly leather things at thrift stores, because I see beauty in them, for example, a old leather coat could become a zipper pouch, clutch, bag, or even baby mocs.
I made a few little white 7 inch long zipper pouches out of an old calvin klein sheet, the cotton is just so much better than what the craft store sells.
I plan to make many large ones, to start storing printed photos in!  I thought it would be a great way to group them together, and I could label them with my alphabet stamps…
I also had to share this cute idea I came up with, old linen books, are usually hollow spined, so you can cut out the inside super easy, I used this teal one for a center piece on my table.  
I hope you have a great weekend, look twice at stuff, before considering it unusable!




No comments:

Post a Comment