Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Citrus makes everything better

There is nothing better than a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.  Although it takes a good 4 large oranges to produce a glass full, it is well worth it.  I use a power juicer, and choose to use organic oranges.  When I am taking the time to juice, I really want the purest juice I can get.  It sure is a welcome treat when we haven't seen the sun for weeks here in Minnesota.  I can imagine it looks something like these bright, and beautiful oranges.  Brighten up your day, and enjoy!
It's also January 1st!  I am so grateful for another fresh start!  I know everyone has plans, and goals they hope to stick with, but something we can all do is really stop, slow down, and listen to what our bodies and minds need.  I know something that I really need for my body is less processed foods, and more fresh, whole foods.  They are beautiful to have around, and do amazing things for our bodies.  I will try to post one easy healthy recipe per week to help us all work this in lives more.  I hope you enjoy them, I will mostly post dinner recipes, as I think we can all use some great ideas in that department.  (Disclosure- my husband is an amazing chef, and inspires everything I make, you WILL notice when I post his recipes and not mine, his have less nutritional value, and a heck of a lot more goodness.)

1 comment:

  1. Its funny-- we did the same thing today! We used oranges and clementines. The kids love helping to make the juice and laugh so much when they stick the fruit in the juicer and it sprays all over the cover. You are right though,... lots of fruit to make a small glass of juice, but when its pure, that's really all you need anyway! =)
    Rebecca Autio

    ReplyDelete