Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Crochet & a cute Lil man's baptism outfit

When I was 12 my mom taught me how to crochet.  My dads mom taught her how many years before that.  I would usually try to make my cat a blanket, and it almost always turned into a small triangle, or a cat scarf.  Since practicing for a long time now, I recently have been making cute hats and scarves, but secretly wished I could do more.  My nephew is getting baptized in a week and I had a vision of making him an adorable outfit.  I stopped grabbed 4 skeins white yarn and a J hook.  I came home inspired and without a pattern or my sisters permission I made a little baptism outfit, fit for the cutest 11 month old I know!  
Sweet little Austy came over today to try it on, and it fit like a glove.  ( I can't even crochet gloves, and paid someone to knit me some this winter)  I love when something that I desire to make turns out well.   There are so many times, I whip something out and it is just not what I imagined it would be, but even worse, it feels like wasted time.  I guess it's only wasted time if you look at it like that, lets choose to say it was practice time, because when your next project turns out, you can credit the practice projects for that!
I am not a perfectionist, not even a little bit, so patterns wouldn't go well with me.  If anyone wants to learn to crochet, I would love to teach you!  Since having three boys and running a house, I have learned that making things really has turned into therapy.  The other day my friend posted a quote on my facebook timeline, is went something like this, "I like to make things, I will make things until my fingers fall off, and when they do, I will grab my hot glue gun and put them suckers back on, then keep making things."  I laughed because it is a little bit true, hot glue burns, neck cramps, and needle pricks are all things you just get to deal with when crafting!


1 comment:

  1. That is THE cutest baptism outfit I have ever seen! Great job! Austy looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete