Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A cowboy Steak dinner with tomato relish!

Do you want to make your significant other fall in love with you all over again?  Make this!  You will not be disappointed.  (and if you are, you are not my kind of person) kidding!  There is zero chance of disappointment! 

Recipe for two:
1 large new york strip steak, or 2 small.
cherry tomatoes
jalapeño pepper
purple onion
balsamic vinegar
ground coffee
ground coriander seed
cilantro
lime
*side dish 
I chose to use up some pesto on noodles.  They were delish.
Directions
Tomato relish:
Wash and dice up a small container of tomatoes, chop your jalapeño, deseeding for less heat, chop 1/2 purple onion, chop a 1/4 cup cilantro.  Throw all ingredients into medium bowl with about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbls olive oil, a squeeze of lime juice, and salt & pepper to taste.  Let this sit and get happy while you cook the steaks.
cowboy steak:
In a small bowl, mix 1/8 cup ground coffee, 2 Tbls ground coriander, 1 Tbls corse pepper and a dash of sea salt.  Rub this into both sides of your steak.  Make sure to massage it into it pretty well. Preheat your oven to 375.  Heat up your  ovenproof skillet on high with a few Tbls of oil, then sear the steak on both sides to lock in the juicyness and flavor.  ( about 30 sec on each side)  Now put your steak and ovenproof pan in the oven for about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak.  We eat ours medium rare.     Slice up your steak and scoop your tomato relish on top.  Add a pesto noodle side dish and there you have it, my favorite dinner!  The first time my husband made it for me, I told him I want this to be my birthday dinner for the rest of my life!  It was love at first taste.  (note- I made a lot of tomato relish for this photo, because I ate half of it waiting for the steak)  



1 comment:

  1. This looks like a perfect dish! Thank you for sharing. I am going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete