Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

I thrift for treasures.

Okay, so maybe they are not real treasure, but you never really know when you may find one!  I love thrifting.  You can find the most adorable, affordable and great finds for only a few bucks.  I wanted to share some of my favorite finds.  There are so many more, but these were near me.  ( I am not a junk collector)  there is a HUGE difference!  Check out these adorable genuine leather bags I found recently.  The cross body fossil purse is brand new with tags.  I payed $8 and found it on zappos for $128.
This Lane wicker love seat I picked up for $25 it was tan with floral cushions.  I spray painted it, and made slip covers for the cushions, I just love how modern it is.  I picked up the striped fabric at Walmart for $5 per yard.  The total cost of sofa, paint, and fabric was $65. 
Just today I went to the salvation army in Fridley and found this 1967 model Polaroid 250 land camera, complete with bulbs for flash, and film.  I payed $19.99.  It is in mint condition and as a photographer it is so fun for me to play around with a piece of history.  I mean, who's was this, where did they live, and what kind of amazing moments were captured by this beauty?  Those questions seriously go through my head!  It is 100% manual, you tear the film out, and let it sit,  after a few minutes you peel it apart and have a beautiful image!  You would be surprised the quality these old camera have.  I have an old Polaroid 600se that is my favorite instant, and also my new Hasselblad 501c, which I have yet to get my film scans back.  Both of which I found on craigslist and ebay.
And of course one of my favorite thrift store finds is old frames.  This one had a awful painting in it, but I saw the beauty, brought it home, and put a coat of gold spray paint on and it is now my favorite thing in our home!  Photos are by the lovely Gina Zeidler.  They are printed by Artifact Uprising.  
There are so many great reasons to buy used, and recycle and re love vintage things.  I will always love the thrill of finding treasures.  Our family is heading to Naples in a few weeks for vacation, and I am really looking forward to checking out the thrift stores there!  YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment